Joan & John Rupe have owned and managed the Trade Winds Motel for over 25 years. Paying attention to every detail - our 32 motel rooms are the cleanest in the area and we offer old-fashioned, country hospitality! When looking for a hotel in Valentine, Nebraska, look no further!
Guests appreciate our non-smoking property with wide open areas for walking, with relaxing views of the Nebraska Sand Hills. We offer a limited number of pet-friendly rooms (additional daily fee), fiber-optic internet, single or
double hotel rooms and so much more! We accommodate the hunter and fishermen with our indoor fish & fowl cleaning area. Catch your fish and clean it the same day!
Trade Winds Motel has a well-lighted outside entrance to each hotel room with ample parking for all types of vehicles. Trade Winds Motel also offers a covered, well-lit guest registration area to assure you of a comfortable, dry check-in during all weather conditions.
We care about your comfort when you stay at Trade Winds Motel and our country hospitality offers the following services:
- FREE Hot Country Continental Breakfast (7:00 AM - 9:30 AM)
- FREE Fiber-Optic Wireless Internet
- Improved & Smoke Free Rooms
- In-Room Coffee, Microwave & Refrigerator
- Fluffy, Down-Like Pillows
- Large Bath Towels
- HD Flat Screen TV
- HBO & ESPN
- Cable TV - 60+ Stations
- Indoor Fish & Fowl Cleaning Area
- Secure, Electronic Door Locks
- Park at Door Convenience
- Pet-Friendly Rooms – Limited Availability with Daily Fee
- Picnic Area
- Truck & Bus Parking
- Boats & Motorcycles Welcome
- Fax Machine
- Individually Controlled Heat & A/C
SINGLE & DOUBLE ROOMS AVAILABLE
- Single rooms feature a King bed with a La-Z-Boy recliner
- Double rooms include two queen beds
All of our rooms are well-lit with a desk & chair, free fiber-optic wireless internet, refrigerator, microwave and coffeemaker. Our pillows are fluffy, the bath towels are large and our doors have secure, electronic locks. Guests can enjoy a hot, country continental breakfast featuring biscuits and gravy, waffles, cheese omelets, cereal, toast, coffee, tea and juice.
Our hometown pride shows in every detail and we invite you and your pets to stay with us!
- The Niobrara National Scenic River is one of the Top 10 canoeing rivers in the United States and is only four miles from our motel. Little Outlaw Canoe and Tube Rental is right next door to our motel. Transportation from your motel room to the river is available through the outfitters.
- Canoeing & kayaking on the Niobrara River
- Hunt the Sand Hills (5 miles)
- Birdwatchers will enjoy the Sand Hill Cranes, Prairie Chickens & Sharp Tail Grouse (20 miles)
- Walking & Biking Trails (.5 miles)
- The Prairie Club Golf Course (20 miles)
- Frederick Peak Golf Club (2 miles)
- Rosebud Casino (9 miles)
- Valentine National Wildlife Refuge (26 miles)
- Merritt Reservoir State Recreation Area (34 miles)
- Trade Winds Motel is your "home away from home" in beautiful Valentine, Nebraska! Give us a call today at (888) 376-1601!